Monday, April 19, 2010

Vintage!






This Sunday one of my good friends and I went vintage shopping in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Vintage shopping is a trend that has stuck around for quite a while due to our nation's current economical state. And it just doesn't make any sense to not go vintage shopping. It's so affordable! The first store we went to was Buffalo Exchange. I bought a really nice black leather vintage purse for only $8. My friend bought a bulky necklace with a funky gray purse that had frills. Afterward we went to Monk Vintage clothing, which was right next door. I have been in love with the classic quilted leather chain strap chanel purse that has come back in style. But who can actually afford one? So nowadays a lot of people have been buying basic quilted leather purses with chain straps and I found a really cute one at Monk. It was only $20. And if you're going vintage shopping in Williamsburg you have to check out the all famous Beacon's closet. At that point I really didn't want to do anymore shopping but my best friend bought a bunch of blouses and spent less than $50. I own a couple of vintage purses, but usually buy my handbags at retail stores. But yesterday I came to the conclusion that I'm still going to buy my clothes at the retail stores that I love, but when in comes to hand bag shopping, I'm going vintage!

In the above pictures I am wearing the following:
Blue denim shirt from H&M denim blues collection-&9.99
BDG Hight-Rise skinny cigarette jeans -UrbanOutfitters-$63.00
Leather bomber jacket-H&M-$49.99
Chinese Laundry Over the knee boot-David Z
Necklace-H&M

1 comment:

  1. I want a bag like that quilted chanel inspired one..and PS I was at BE and MONK back in Feb! I love that street!

    ReplyDelete